Skip To Main Content

Workers' Compensation

Cleveland ISD has workers’ compensation insurance coverage through Claims Administrative Services, Inc. (CAS) to protect you in case of a work-related injury or illness.

Claim and Medical Billing:

501 Shelley Drive,

Tyler, TX 75701

Phone: 800-765-2412

Fax: 903-509-1888

  • You must receive treatment from a provider that accepts workman’s compensation. If you do not, you may be responsible for all medical charges. Personal medical insurers may deny your claim.
  • If the injury is an emergency or life threatening, call 911 for transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.


We now have RediMD! This service allows you to have an appointment over the phone at your convenience. No more waiting at the doctor's office! Find out more.

How does it work?

  1. After a workplace injury, you would FIRST report to the nurse's station to receive the proper paperwork and contact information for RediMD.
  2. Call and report the injury, and a customer service rep with RediMD will set up an appointment with the doctor.
  3. 5-10 minutes later, the doctor will call via web camera, smart phone, or by phone.
  4. The doctor will be able to prescribe medication, sending it to the nearest pharmacy, and also schedule a follow-up appointment if necessary.

Need Medical Attention?

What to do when needing medical attention for a workers' compensation claim:

  1. If you have not already seen a school nurse, please do so as soon as possible! If you are not located at a specific campus, then please go to the nearest campus.
  2. You must receive treatment from a provider that accepts workman's compensation.
  3. If you have restrictions listed: After every doctor's appointment, you must meet with Jessica Morris (x2419) located at Central Office, and provide a copy of the 73 form (status report) that the doctor would have given you at your appointment. If you are utilizing the RediMD option, these forms will automatically be sent to us by that provider.
  4. You must continue to follow your department's procedures for calling in to report any absences. If you are unsure as to what your department's procedures are, please contact your supervisor.
  5. If, at any time, you wish to change your election on the Use of Leave form, contact Jessica Morris to sign a new form. Changes will not go into effect until the new form is signed and received.
  6. If you have any questions regarding the specifics of your claim, contact your adjuster with Claims Administrative Services, Inc. (CAS) at (800) 765-2412.
  7. If, at any time, you stop receiving payroll checks from the District, please contact Winston Daniel regarding those premium payments.