Student Health Information and Forms
In accordance with Texas Education Code §38.208, CISD has adopted a policy to allow trained and authorized school personnel to administer an unassigned epinephrine auto-injector – sometimes known as an EpiPen – to someone who is reasonably believed to be experiencing an anaphylactic reaction.
- Why Unassigned Epinephrine Auto-injectors in CISD?
- What is anaphylaxis?
- What can cause anaphylaxis?
- What is Epinephrine?
- What is an Epinephrine Auto-Injector?
- Is there a risk associated with the administration of an Epinephrine Auto-Injector?
- Why does my student have to be transported by EMS to the nearest ER after administration?
- Is training provided to CISD staff?
- When is the Unassigned Epinephrine Auto Injectors available for my student?
- What if my student has a known allergy and has prescribed epinephrine?