Children in Cleveland ISD Classrooms...
Receive STUDENT-CENTERED instruction specific to their individual needs and learning
- Articulate the learning objective and how it applies to their learning.
- Engage in differentiated and choice activities.
Are engaged in ACTIVE LEARNING.
- Are curious and inquisitive about their learning through interactive instructional design.
- Apply their learning in new and critical ways, both independently and collaboratively.
- Share their learning in a variety of mediums including oral and written presentations.
- Leverage digital learning skills and tools.
- Embrace the challenges in their learning to master content.
Are provided with formal and informal FEEDBACK aligned to objectives, quality of work,
and personalized academic goals.
- Collaborate with teachers to understand their learning needs.
- Use data to create personal goals and monitor their progress.
- Articulate their goals and how they learn best.
Engage in a safe learning environment that promotes a SENSE OF BELONGING.
- Know and follow classroom processes and procedures.
- Know their teachers and peers care about their academic and social development.
- Exhibit care and concern for others by valuing differences.
Cleveland ISD accomplishes this by...
● Understanding and articulating the level of rigor and content of the TEKS and how they are
vertically aligned throughout the grade levels.
● Intentionally planning instructional design and delivery to meet the academic needs of our
● Evaluating student learning through formative assessments.
● Analyzing student data and intentionally planning instruction to meet their academic
● Utilizing resources that support intentional planning, student engagement, and the closing
of achievement gaps.
● Building positive and professional relationships with students.